Sunday, January 18, 2009

THE DENVER ZOO


This blog caption is in Caps because it was a traumatic day. The Saturday that we were there was the "free day" at the Denver Zoo. We were so excited because it was something we wanted to do and we got to go free of charge. It was sooooo busy that day and we had to park about a mile away from the entrance. There were so many people there it took forever to get through the exhibits. That was fine... we were really there for the kids and they seemed to be enjoying themselves despite all the congestion. After 5-6 hours of the zoo some of the kids were done with the zoo and were ready to go home. A few of us wanted to catch one more exhibit and took a not so quick detour to the Lion House. We walked in and Ethan in his attempt to catch a glimpse of a lion fell head first out of the stroller and took a pretty nasty fall. I ran to pick him up and he had a seizure in my arms and then fell unconscious. I had NO CLUE what was happening and so I started running around calling for help. I don't remember alot of what happened next. It felt like those movies where you are standing in the middle of a crowd and everything is swirling around you. Medical help was dispatched and an ambulance came and took us to the hospital. If Ethan wouldn't have been so out of it he would have thought that was pretty cool. I did okay until I had to call Chris from the hospital and tell him what happened. Then I lost it. He thankfully only suffered a concussion with no major lasting effects. He got a nice little goose egg on his forehead and was a little shaken up but he is back to normal. I don't know that I am. I am definitely more paranoid about falling and have been offlicially initiated into the world of little boys.

1 comment:

Ember said...

That would be so scary. I'm glad Ethan is ok! Isn't it interesting how you can be so strong until talking to someone you lean on? Then it all comes out! Welcome to the world of little boys. Aren't they cute!