Thursday, January 1, 2009

*OfF wItH ThE oLd AnD oN wItH tHe NeW*

Goodbye 2008! I love New Year's! I love making new goals and resolutions and the feeling of starting new. I love the reorganizing, the trips to DI, the crowded parking lot at the gym. It gives me the opportunity to reflect and think about the decisions and mistakes that I've made and how I want to make things better. I love that feeling of a clean slate. 2008 was a tough year for our family and we are eager for what adventures 2009 will bring. As we bury 2008 into our pasts and memories.....here are my top "8" of 2008 that helped make it enjoyable.

1. DREW- Our 4th child was born in April of this year. He is such a fantastic baby! He is bright eyed and inquisitive and smiles all the time. He was a surprise baby. I thank God everyday for him. I love this little boy!

2. SHANNEN MOVED TO DENVER- My sister for the last 8 years has lived in Hawaii. While it was a fun place to visit,,, visits were not frequent. In March they packed up and moved 450 miles away! I have seen her 5 times this year! Love it!

3. BABIES, BABIES, BABIES- Me, Jenny, Nicky, and Lindsey (Chris' 3 sisters) were all pregnant at the same time and all delivered babies within 6 months of each other. Almost to the day! 4 babies in 6 months! We have seen ALOT of Grammy and Pa... another great thing about 2008!

4. VISITING OLD FRIENDS- This year I have run into several old friends from high school and one from a base we were stationed at in South Dakota. Two I ran into at Costco and the others live in CO close to my sister and we were able to reconnect after many years. So, Cori, Jeremy and Karen, Aaron and Allson, and Tom and Tami... I loved seeing all of you and I hope that we can do it again soon.

5. TONSILECTOMY- This might sound like a weird one but strep throat has been a thorn in my side for many years. After Drew's birth I had chronic strep all summer. They couldn't kill it and I kept getting it over and over no matter what the medication. My body became resistant so they decided to cut out the tonsils. I haven't been sick since Sept. and my overall health is so much better. Why do we need them anyway?

6. LOSING 12 POUNDS.- I couldn't eat for two weeks after my surgery so I lost 12 lbs. There is the blessing after the curse.

7. SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE- Me, Hannah, Becca, Mom, and Shannen all went to So You Think You Can Dance Live here in Salt Lake City. It was SO MUCH FUN! I didn't want it to end. It was the best show I have ever been to.

8. MAMA MIA- By far, the best movie of 2008! I loved it!

3 comments:

Jen & Johnny said...

So fun to read!!! You are GREAT Liann!!!!!

Angie said...

I love it! Very creative you cute girl! I am excited for 2009 for you too! love ya!

Adam and Andrea Daveline said...

That is such a great update! Thanks darlin'!